Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Road-Trip Day 4: Pittsburgh

*Due to technical difficulties, this post that was meant to be posted yesterday shall now be posted today.  Please enjoy responsibly!

We have made it to Pittsburgh!  First of all, I should clarify the University of Georgia visit.  We aren't in any way specifically affiliated with them...we just like collecting college t-shirts.  I'm a t-shirt junkie and I would probably buy and wear a t-shirt from pretty much anywhere.

Gas was still pretty decent in North Carolina.  I'm actually kind of surprised because I thought gas prices would get worse really quickly.

Rush hour in Charlotte wasn't bad for us.  It didn't look so great for the other side though.

We started the day on I-77.  I'm glad Mike is willing to stick to big roads so we have less chance of getting lost.

I was so excited to see mountains today!  I haven't been out to this part of the country and it is so pretty!

Have I already discussed that I like being officially welcomed to places?  I'm not sure why...maybe because it is an indication of significant progress...or it could be my ego.  I wasn't too sure about the Virginia sign.  Maybe they knew we would be going through the thinnest part and wouldn't be there long anyway.

My car definitely started getting a workout.  I don't think it has ever had to work this hard.  I didn't even realize that the workout was just in the warm-up stages.

Every time I see a gas sign, I freak out and then realize I'm looking at the diesel price.  Gas prices were great in Virginia.  It was kinda too bad we didn't need any.

Do two norths and one south equal north?  Apparently so!  I thought about this for a good while and I still don't quite get it.

Going through a mountain is so exciting...especially when you think about all the heavy rock that is suspended over your head...yikes!

Tunnel with lots of lights!

This one definitely made me feel welcomed!

The mountains got taller and the valleys got deeper.  There was also a very noticeable temperature drop.

I love to hear what people who aren't from Texas think of Texas.  "Eat Like You Mean It" is the slogan for this restaurant.  What does that mean?

Crazy!  West Virginia accents are so hard to describe!  We stopped in a really small town for lunch and I think everyone knew we weren't from around there.

Gas in West Virginia was not so friendly.  This was the cheapest we saw.

Still driving.  The drive through West Virginia felt like it took forever because we went through the longest part of the state.

Finally we switched to I-79 for the rest of the day.

I think this is the basketball arena for one of the colleges.  It looks like a really neat spaceship from far away.  If it was a real spaceship that would explain a lot!

We finally made it to Pennsylvania!  We made it to my sister's place without getting too lost and settled in.  Unfortunately, her husband had to work super late.  We had dinner and talked the rest of the evening.

1 comment:

M & M said...

glad you are back in the saddle again...I was starting to wonder what happened to this day...