Today was our hangout day in Pittsburgh day. It was nice to not spend the entire day driving. We slept in and got a late start.

This is my twin sister Christine! Most people we meet don't believe us. This is the building on the University of Pittsburgh campus where her office is. She is working on a masters and PhD in psychology. She is pretty good about not analyzing us.

Lunch was at the local burger joint that apparently is well recommended my many newspapers. I thought it was very tasty!

I love shoes and I have some very interesting and attention grabbing shoes but these flip-flops have totally crossed a line. I'm sure there are plenty of people out there who would love to have these and probably have an outfit that would match. I didn't buy these but I did buy a University of Pittsburgh shirt!

I can't remember what this building building is called or what it is for. I think it looks really nice. I actually wanted to be an architect for a while. That was after I decided not to be an astronaut. Every time I see a cannon I always wish I had one! Is that normal?

This building is called the Cathedral of Learning. It's huge! Christine calls it the Tower of Power. She and Alex (her husband) think it resembles the Tower Of Sauron from The Lord Of The Rings because they say it is like you are always being watched. It makes me think of The Ministry Of Truth from Orwell's 1984.

I think Christine got tired of me stopping her tour to take random pictures. Isn't it always necessary to take pictures with the statue of a school's mascot?

Can't lie...I love this sign and I wish I could have it! I kinda made me think of Green Eggs And Ham. It was really good coffee. I'm a big Starbucks fan and I would definitely take this over Starbucks anytime!

Pittsburgh is really industrial and the landscape is very rugged. The road are difficult to drive on during the summer and I can't imagine what the roads are like in the winter.

It would be very interesting to live somewhere that is not flat. I grew up in Dallas, went to college in Waco, and now I'm in Houston. When we were going through West Virginia I was totally caught up in the pretty mountains and told Mike I could live there. He reminded me that I probably wouldn't make it more than a few days. Truthfully, after a couple more hours of the pretty landscape, I was finished and praying for a Starbucks because that usually means civilization of some sort.

This is Loki! He is Christine and Alex's dog. We aren't really sure what he is. They claim he is a coonhound but I hadn't even heard of that breed until they got him. He wasn't very well behaved when they first got him but he has been on his best behavior while we have been visiting. At 65lbs he is definitely bigger than Sadie! We had dinner and spent the rest of the night playing Wii. Alex was able to join the fun since he didn't have to work as late tonight.
2 comments:
Yeah for more! (I even told my sister to check out your roadtrip!)
I lived in pittsburgh when I wad a little girl. I still remember that the roads were always terrible..full of potholes. We loved it there, but the winters were very cold!!
Post a Comment