Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Thursday, July 3, 2008

Road-Trip Day 6: Buffalo

Today was the day I was waiting for!  We only had about four hours of driving and we were going to see Niagara Falls!  It was tough taking pictures during the drive though because it rained almost the entire way.  I was really scared that it might totally ruin the day but it kept the temperatures very cool and it wasn't too crowded.

We started the day on I-79 to Erie and switched to I-90 headed toward Buffalo.  If you look really close you can see some of the rain on the windshield.

Gas prices in Pennsylvania were decent.  I really thought that by the time we got this far north it would be really ugly.

I got this one off the Internet because it was raining really hard when we passed it.  I did pout for a while about not getting any good pictures because of the rain.  I eventually got over it with a little help from Mike.  It was also a relief to see the skies finally starting to get lighter the further we went.

Yes!  Almost there!

Have I ever mentioned that I like bridges?  I'm not really sure why they fascinate me.

We're here!

Let's call this the before picture.  The boat people provided us with these lovely ponchos to protect us from the waterfalls.  It was kind of like wearing saran wrap.  They inflated nicely whenever the wind blew.

My poncho was specially crafted for me.  No one else had a poncho that could cover their ankles and yet display their favorite shoes.

Everything was very beautiful and smelled like fish.  I was amazed at how much water is constantly going over the waterfalls.  That was some powerful water!

So beautiful!  You could see the mist rising to the sky from miles away.  This is my favorite waterfall because I like all the rocks.  Can you imagine being there to see one of the big rocks come tumbling down?

Our boat sat in the middle of this for quite a while.  We were definitely up close and personal with this waterfall.

Let's call this the after picture.  We didn't really feel the need to put our hoods on until it was fairly pointless to bother.  We are the type of people who don't mind dancing in the rain without an umbrella.  We always figure that we'll dry eventually.

My favorite part of a waterfall is the top!  It has that sense of looming danger that makes you want to test gravity.

Watch out duckling!  Don't get in the water behind you!

We decided not to go to Canada.  I'm sure it is lovely there but we already saw everything we wanted to see.  We also didn't want to translate...Eh?

For the first time in this road-trip we finally headed south.  It was kind of strange and confusing at first since we've been going north and east for days.

We had plenty of time to go back to the hotel and wash Niagara Falls out of our hair and get ready to go see Wicked.  We parked in downtown Buffalo and roamed around until we found a local pizza place that was great.  We still had plenty of time before the show, so we stopped for dessert.

Dessert was tasty!  It was a gooey brownie with chocolate ice cream.

The theater was so fancy and classic.  We weren't suppose to have a camera in there so I didn't get any pictures of the inside.

Wicked was fantastic!  I knew it was going to be good but it is now one of my favorites.  It was funny and really well written.  Even Mike was able to relax because the music and singing were virtually flawless.  I would highly recommend seeing this if you have a chance!

No comments: