Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Sunday, July 6, 2008

Road-Trip Day 9: Memphis

We enjoyed sleeping in today because we had the time zone change on our side.  We are slightly sad that our trip is almost over but are very glad that we will see our dog tomorrow because we miss her.

Gas in downtown Louisville was much worse than this.  Luckily, we were smart enough to go a little out of the city to fill up.

We spent half the day driving on I-65.  I've never been in this area so there were many interesting sites to see.

We didn't have time to stop and see why they say it is the most awesome flea market in the world.

It's pretty dangerous letting dinosaurs roam near major highways.  I managed to fight him off while Mike drove.

I think a yellow corvette is probably my dream car.  I don't like the car well enough to visit the museum though.

Note from Mike: I thought Kentucky was the "Blue Grass State" but I have been through Kentucky 3 or 4 times and I have yet to see any blue grass.  I have seen green grass, yellow grass, and brown grass, but no blue grass.  I think it is a myth.  I hereby suggest that Kentucky should be referred to as the "Hidden Blue Grass State."

We made it to Tennessee!  I'm excited to see Nashville and Memphis except I'm not really a fan of country music...or Elvis.

We changed highways to I-40 headed to Memphis.  That was a long drive with not much to see.

Since there weren't any dinosaurs I went back to pictures of scenery.

Gas prices are getting better as we get closer to home.

This isn't a great picture but I had to put it on here.  I have heard about the music highway from so many people.  I missed the first sign and was determined not to miss the next one.  I was poised on the edge of my seat with my camera ready...for about an hour.  It is such a small sign that I nearly missed it again.

2 comments:

M & M said...

can't wait to have you back too! but I will really miss your daily blogs!

Anonymous said...

YOU ARE HILARIOUS!!!