I'm a little late posting this but it is so great to be home! We spent a few days in Dallas before coming back to Houston. (Shout-out to Katie's Mom! Please excuse the bulldog picture...you know I have love for the Gators!)

Gas prices in Tennessee were pretty good! This was in a small area though. Definitely avoid buying gas in big downtown areas when possible.

Arkansas is so close and yet I had never been there before.

On the way to Little Rock. I was surprised throughout our trip that many of the big cities really didn't seem that big. The main highway also seemed to avoid going through the middle of most of the big cities so that might be part of it.

My grandparents were dairy farmers in Wisconsin so farm equipment strangely has a warm place in my heart.

I liked the pretty yellow airplane. Then it started spraying chemicals all over the place. Then I saw a truck full of chickens that looked cramped and were sticking their heads out. I took a picture but didn't post it. (You're Welcome!) Definitely not my favorite stretch of road.

I was excited to make the highway change that would take us to Texas!

I would like to take a moment to endorse and highly recommend this Road Atlas. It was very useful on our journey. As a trained social studies teacher I have seen many maps and this is my new favorite!

More scenery...I am going to miss all the pretty trees along the interstate.

Gas prices in Arkansas didn't fit the pattern. I guess they didn't get the memo that gas prices were suppose to go up as we went north and down as we went south.

There wasn't a 'Welcome to Texas' sign! How can my own state not welcome me back? After going through Texarkana.....I kind of don't blame the state of Texas. Wow! What an experience! (Sorry if you have ties to Texarkana.....)

This kind of frightens me so we didn't stop to eat at TaMolly's. It makes me think of an Irish pub blended with a Taqueria. I'm just not prepared for that.

East Texas gas prices were better again but still not as good as Houston.

One of many lakes in North Texas. I've never been much of a lake person but they sure are pretty!

I know...I've already shown a picture of the American Airlines center in Dallas. This time it has a circus poster on it! I really like the circus and Mike took me a few years ago. I like driving past here when the circus is in Dallas because I can always see the elephants who are outside from the highway.

We finally made it to Dallas! Avert your eyes if you don't like seeing a precious beagle cuddling a bulldog. Sadie is a fan of schools with a canine mascot. It does kind of look like she is strangling him though so I think the picture could make almost anyone happy.

While in Dallas for a few days we finally remembered to pullout the one year-old wedding cake. As you can see, the bow on top and the fondant didn't fare so well over the past year. It still tasted pretty good. I forgot how huge it is!

We missed Sadie so much while we were gone! She is sweet and so much fun to play with.

When we saw Sam Houston we knew we were getting close! This statue kind of puzzles me but we'll save that discussion for another day. I don't know if anyone really wants to hear me rant about Texas history.
Sadie didn't even see Sam Houston because she was busy napping. You can kind of see her Hard Rock Cafe bandanna from Niagara Falls. It has little pink hearts on it. We had a great road-trip but we are happy to be home!
7 comments:
I want to hear about Sam Houston later...
So glad you got the rest of the trip up!
And I love the picture of Sadie and the bulldog--the type you see up on the internet! (maybe she should consider going into dog modeling???)
Ok, TaMolly's in Arkansas is a good mexican restaurant. It in fact is the only Mexican restaurant I will eat at in Arkansas. i am glad you are home and look forward to our Lunch. p.s. your puppy is so cute. love and hugs!!
We had our first glimpse of that ginormous Sam Houston statue on our way to Dallas for the 4th...please...I need the explanation for such a disproportionate piece of history! =) Glad y'all are back home safely...I enjoyed reading about your trip and seeing your pics!!
Love Sadie's Baylor hat along with the shout out to my mom! She loves being mentioned in blogs :)
I knew Jennifer would have to weigh in on Arkadelphia!
Ooh-I remembered the other response I had to your post. I have never been to the circus because as a child I was afraid of clowns. Somehow I got it in my head that they used their confetti to kill children. This is probably another story to file under the "peculiar" part of my blog.
looks like yall had fun. beautiful cake!
i drove through Texarkana when i went on a mission trip to Chicago and you're right. on the way back we were waiting to take a picture of the welcome to Texas sign and next thing we know we're in Texarkana already!
Post a Comment