The road-trip continued through the south today!

We didn't have time to go to an amusement park but it definitely looked like a good time!

Gas prices were good in Alabama. The company in the car was even better!

I can't get over how pretty it is everywhere! (Mike says all the prettiness was in the seat next to him.) Doesn't rush hour look great!

We made it to Georgia!

They have a Six Flags amusement park! Sadly, we didn't have time for any rides.

The Olympic Torch in Atlanta! I love the Olympics and I was so excited to spot it from afar and snap a quick picture.

We switched to highway I-85 for the rest of the day. There was crazy traffic in Atlantic but it still doesn't compare to Houston! We like the stubby Georgia's on all their highway signs.

Mike and I really like college sports and actually like to collect college shirts. We decided to stop by and do some shopping. Go Dawgs!

Gas prices in Georgia were not as friendly as the people. Lucky for us, my car gets great gas mileage.

This is a picture I got off the Internet. I missed my opportunity because I was busy eating my lunch. It was a tasty lunch!

The gas prices in South Carolina were great! I think the lowest was $3.72. It was right by Georgia too...made me suspicious of those Georgia gas prices...

More pretty foliage!

Have you ever seen a truck with a bunch of fire-hydrants? I guess it is one of those things people don't really think about until they see it.

Yes, it is a giant peach. Yes, it is in South Carolina. Any comment from Georgia? Speaking of peaches...we noticed something very interesting. There are a bunch of roadside stands that sell peaches and firecrackers. Maybe it is because I teach middle school or maybe it is because I am slightly devious myself, but I think that is a really bad idea!

I can't remember what kind of ivy this is but it apparently covers the trees until they can't get any sunlight which causes them to die. Something else I haven't thought much about...hmmm...

Again, I had to get this picture from the Internet. Mine turned out really bad because my car antenna got in the way. Mike doesn't really understand my fascination with being welcomed by states.

I know...you are probably tired of scenery. The landscape is starting to get rugged. I haven't spent much time in mountain areas. I'm excited!
6 comments:
I am sorry to tell you that as a result of your purchasing clothing bearing the name of the University of Georgia, I may not be able to be your friend anymore.
You see my dad went to Georgia Tech and I'm pretty sure one of their cheers encourages whomever is listening to "beat the h*ll out of Georgia. Then, to further complicate things, my mother, aunt and grandmommy are all die hard University of Florida (go gators!) fans, and they are pretty much sworn enemies of the bulldogs. The Georgia/Florida game is a big deal and relatives have been known to wear black for weeks any time the game has taken an unfortunate turn.
I just thought you should know :)
Also, the pastor is a University of Florida grad. He probably wouldn't be excited about your t-shirts either :)
Katie~ I love your entirely different directions on things!!!
Suzi~ this brings back so many memories of living in AL for 4+ years. Haven't been to SC though...would love to do that (especially with those gas prices) Can't wait to hear your reaction about VA etc...(also made the trip from AL to DC many times--and from DC to NH) But did skip SC and only been in NC as destination, not as drive-through.
Your road trip so far reminds me of the road trips we made to Asheville, NC from Baylor with Nick to visit his family. It is a pretty drive. Hope y'all continue having a great trip.
Katie, you crack me up!
I need to edit part of my first comment-Georgia Tech actually shouts "to h*ll with Georgia" in their fight song. I was apparently channeling a bizarre Aggie ritual cheer when I made my first comment.
Oh well.
Desperately awaiting day 4! By the way, your travel blog is the talk of the town-and by town, I mean the girls from our Sunday School!
Post a Comment