Today we started our summer road-trip! We drove up to my parent's house in Dallas because they are going to take care of Sadie while we are on the road. It was a fairly uneventful drive. We were glad that we left early because there was bad weather in Dallas right around dinner time.

Mike did all the driving today. We took my little Saturn because it gets great gas mileage!

I'm in charge of navigating! I use to teach geography...I can read a map correctly...most of the time!

I can't believe people still drive these things around! How do they afford that?

It's kind of hard to take pictures in a moving car.

Sadie did well. She had the entire back-seat to herself with her bed and all her blankets.

If you are traveling on I-45 and go through Corsicana, you must stop at the Collin Street Bakery. (That's my little white Saturn coupe parked by the flowers.)

The dog slept most of the way to Dallas. She really only wakes up to switch positions.

Finally, Dallas! Traffic is great on Saturdays.

We actually both grew up in Irving which is the location of Texas Stadium. We aren't sad about the team moving at all. The current plan is to knock this over and put in a mall.

We arrived at my parent's house early in the afternoon. We were glad to be done for the day!
We spent the rest of the day running a few errands, having a nice dinner, and watching a movie. I'm a little bummed about leaving Sadie in Dallas tomorrow. It'll be the first time she isn't with us since we've had her.
3 comments:
Looking forward to more pics of your road trip!
Of course, inside I am feeling shamed about the fact that I still have pics from Cincy sitting in my computer, waiting to be posted, and here you are posting AS you are traveling. You are awesome!
can't wait to read some more of the trip too---oh, wait a minute...I don't have to wait! I am so far behind in my reading and you are so on top of things that it is like watching a tv series on DVD--I can keep going!!! :)
Love all of the pics of your trip! Looks like you guys had so much fun. This whole, "teachers have summer off" is really fun huh?
Post a Comment