Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Pittsburgh Zoo Round Three



Though many animals were napping in the warm weather, the sharks were awake and active. 


They have an area where you can pet deer if they come close to you.  It was understandable that the deer stayed just out of reach. 


I didn't realize how big beavers are.  One was doing a little swimming but the rest were napping.  This was the biggest of them all. 


This is Otis.  I was a little jealously of his waterfall and relaxing lifestyle. 


I'm not a big fan of snakes but I liked the color of this one.


Mike and I have actually looked into having a pet turtle more than once but they live a really long time and require more maintenance than we thought so we got a dog. 


Two of the meerkats would not stop fighting.  They look kind of scary when they fight so I chose a picture of them looking sweet and docile. 


The seals happily enjoyed an afternoon swim. 


I liked the giant turtle statue even before I saw the giant yellow sign that warned people that the metal statue could be hot and burn you if you touch it or sit on it. 


Mike and Alex enjoyed making the rope bridge sway back and forth in order to bother the other people walking on it.  That is exactly why Christine and I chose to not walk across the rope bridge.  We really enjoyed visiting the zoo! 

1 comment:

Amanda said...

I love the shark! Great shot!

And why is it that husbands like to act like children?