This monument was the largest. You could climb to the top and see for quite a ways.
There were lots of people dressed up for the occasion.
There were also the typical annoying tour buses.
These guys were dressed to represent the Union Army. They did some demonstrations and marched around.
They were all very knowledgeable and willing to answer the same questions multiple times.
I can't imagine how hot there were in their long sleeve shirts and jackets. They all seemed very glad to have a water break.
There were lots of houses in the area but it was difficult to tell if they were from the Civil War time period or not. We tried to guess but of course we could not be sure.
This motorcycle in Baylor colors caught my attention.
There were a lot of bikers visiting that day.
I'll be honest. We were so hot, tired, and hungry that we pretty much skipped the last stop which was the Gettysburg National Cemetery. From the parking lot we didn't see anything we were interested in getting out of the car to see.
While I was putting together this blog I felt a little guilty about it so I googled some pictures to help finish up the post. I didn't really want to finish a post about Gettysburg with a group of bikers.
I can barely imagine what it was like to be at the Battle of Gettysburg more than one hundred years ago. It was interesting to see so many people who are so passionate about this time period.
We were glad to have the opportunity to visit Gettysburg! It was a great reminder of our rich history as well as the people and events that made the United States what it is today.






No comments:
Post a Comment