Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Saturday, March 7, 2009

Last Week...

The past few weeks have been quite busy and stressful, but last week was absolutely exhausting.  We found out after our Sunday School lunch that my grandmother had passed away.  She and my grandpa had a dairy farm in Wisconsin before they retired.  As pictured above, they always seemed to make faces in pictures similar to the American Gothic painting by Grant Wood even though their personalities don't fit that image.  Mike did a great job taking care of all the travel plans so I didn't have to worry about it.

On Monday I was working fast and furious to get as much taken care of at school as I could.  I had to get everything ready for the rest of the week and the next.  The first round of TAKS testing was Tuesday.  The students did great but those days are so mind numbing for the teachers.  Mike and I were up at 4 am on Wednesday to catch a really early flight after staying up really late the night before.  We flew into Chicago, met up with my sister, and drove to Fond du Lac for the funeral.  The last of the funeral events were Thursday morning.  After that we drove to Madison to see my other grandpa before driving back to Chicago to catch our late flight back to Houston.  We were able to make it back to work on Friday after another late night.  I'll give a more detailed account of our impromptu trip soon.  I took plenty of road trip style pictures!

Sadie is recovering from a busy week last week too.  While we were out of town she stayed at Casa Curry.  After they got to know each other Sadie and Sinatra got along pretty well.  Though I am not totally sure what went on while we were gone, I have some clues.

Katie left a note for me on facebook.  "I wish I didn't have to go to work so I could stay home and watch them follow each other around all day!  Sadie has already tried to take over Sinatra's pillow and blanket.  So Sinatra got her back by going in her crate at bedtime!  And even though I was petting them both at the same time, Sinatra made many disgruntles noises to let me know he was not thrilled that I was petting the other one.  :)"

Sadie hacked into Katie's e-mail to sent me a message.  "I am secretly writing you this letter on Katie's e-mail to tell you that I miss you and want you to come home soon!  The Currys and Sinatra have been really nice to me.  Sinatra even let me lay on his pillow and blanket.  In return I let him get in my crate.  But here's the thing, they take REALLY LONG WALKS!  I don't think that they have noticed that I am a very small and delicate creature who need not walk through TWO NEIGHBORHOODS in 70 DEGREE WEATHER!  I kept trying to let Katie know that I was done by stopping in the middle of the sidewalk and refusing to walk any further, but she just laughed and made me keep going.  Sinatra was no help either.  He kept talking about how he could walk all day.  Boys!  Still, I am having a good time and would not mind coming back to their house again.  But maybe next time you could tell them I don't take walks or something."

We heard other accounts of chewy stealing, kennel escaping, and doggie snoring while Sadie stayed with the Currys.  We missed our dog so much and couldn't wait to get her back.  Thank You again to Sean, Katie, and Sinatra for sharing their home for a few days.  Katie will probably give a more complete account of the visit soon.

No comments: