Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Sunday, March 29, 2009

Bridal Shower Invitations...


One of my favorite places to go browse is Swoozie's.  The initial attraction was the fact that the name of the store loosely resembles my name but beyond that it has some adorable and unique seasonal party items.  It is a little expensive but is a nice treat to visit.  I enjoy looking at everything but especially the paper products.  When it came time to buy invitations for the bridal shower I am helping host in Dallas in early May I already had it narrowed down to a few choices I had been eyeing for a while.

Aren't these cute!  The green design around the edge totally fits with the bride's style.  (At least I hope so...we lived together for four years so I hope I am not too far off.)  I think she has a red comforter that she loves with a similar pattern.  With a little help from Mike, I managed to get the text aligned just right.  Even after a few test runs, I was a little nervous about printing them.  Forty invitations later I only had one casualty.  Mike is working on using his calligraphy skills to address the envelops in green ink.  (Mike learned how to do calligraphy before our wedding so he could address all of our wedding invitations and they turned out great!)  I think they will look pretty good once they are finished!

5 comments:

Jaime said...

I love Swoozie's too! Such a fun store. Those invitations are super cute. And props to Mike for learning calligraphy...did not know he knew that.

Anonymous said...

I used the pink and green invitations for my bridal luncheon. They turned out VERY cute. Good choice. :)

M & M said...

Love the invitations and a man of so many talents!

Katie said...

Now if you could only teach Sadie how to operate the computer and do calligraphy . . .

Anonymous said...

I [HEART] Swoozie's. Its dangerous for me to go there. I cannot leave that store without buying SOMETHING. I am a stationary addict. :)