Happy Thanksgiving! It was a fairly relaxing day for us. We had a traditional lunch with Mike's parents and brother and we made a less traditional Asian inspired dinner with my parents.
Surprise! Mike's parents have a bird that a customer found and decided to give to them. The bird didn't seem very friendly to us.

After a traditional Thanksgiving lunch we were strongly encouraged to participate in playing the game pictured above. Is it ironic that my blog from yesterday discussed my love for Cranium games and then today I found myself trying to be the first to collect a hound dog, satellite dish, television, recliner, jerky, and fly swatter to fill my trailer? For the record, we did not win the game and we were not upset.
It was a lot of fun having my parents help us make our Asian feast. We had a modern Japanese chicken noodle soup. It is pretty basic but has a soy sauce, garlic, ginger, white pepper, and green onion reduction that gives it a nice little kick.
We needed a vegetable so we tossed some green beans in the wok with diced tomatoes, onion, garlic, and chili paste. They are pretty good if you can take the heat.
My dad isn't usually a fan of Asian cuisine so we put together a simple beef and brown rice dish as a safety item to make sure he would have something to eat. He seemed to like everything. He especially liked that we did the dishes at the end of the meal.
One of my favorite snacks are pot stickers so I had to have some! Mike has made them from scratch before but the ones we had today were frozen. We were already having to wash pots while we were cooking so we decided to take a little help from the store.
We also had to have egg rolls! Again, we decided to take a little help from the freezer section at the grocery store. We got the mini ones because they were so cute. When we make our own they never come out quite this pretty.
I totally forgot about planning dessert until we got to Dallas so I asked my mom to be in charge of that. She baked an apple pie and made some mini pumpkin cheesecakes. I had a mini pumpkin cheesecake and it was very tasty with a little bit of cool whip! I might break out this recipe for the next Starting Point event.
I love how Mike can always make me laugh! It's like a challenge for him to see how much cool whip he can pile on his dessert. The best part is that I didn't see this until I was loading pictures from today onto my computer. I guess he wanted me to find out but not before he was able to enjoy his mischievous creation.



1 comment:
Yum! There's the asian soup you were telling me about!
Post a Comment