
One of the funniest blogs I read is called "Hobo Teacher". It's really funny because the situations that are written about are truly characteristic of working at the middle school and high school levels. Katie might have Turkey Hat Day, but next year I'm starting my own school Thanksgiving tradition inspired by Hobo Teacher. I can already imagine the reactions I'll get! It plays into my favorite discipline strategy of convincing the students that you could snap at any moment and anything could happen.


Tuesday, November 25, 2008
A Turkey Shoot
Just like my kids the day before Thanksgiving Break, I have zero interest in being here today. I’m thinking I’m just going to respond to each question with a turkey call.
“Are we doing anything today?”
"Gobble! Gobble! Gobble!"
“Can we just not do anything today?”
"Gobble! Gobble! Gobble!"
“Do we have—“
"Gobble! Gobble! Gobble!"
“Why are you—“
"Gobble! Gobble! Gobble!"
“Are we doing anything today?”
"Gobble! Gobble! Gobble!"
“Can we just not do anything today?”
"Gobble! Gobble! Gobble!"
“Do we have—“
"Gobble! Gobble! Gobble!"
“Why are you—“
"Gobble! Gobble! Gobble!"



3 comments:
Ok, Sarabeth was just frightened by the loudness of my speakers when The Pirates Who Don't Do Anything started blaring when I opened your blog! I love that song by the way.
Hobo Teacher is a fabulous blog. And making your students think you could snap at any moment is my most favorite discipline strategy of all. And if you think about it, Turkey Hat Day really is a part of that strategy. I had kids ask why I had a turkey on my head. I told them it was 'cause I was a little bit crazy.
love it!
Post a Comment