Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Pre-Thanksgiving...

Today we drove to Dallas to spend Thanksgiving with our family.  Though the drive was fairly uneventful, there are a few things worth blogging about.

Starting Point Ladies Night wasn't tonight but when I was going through my pictures I realized I hadn't mentioned it yet.  Five of us met at The Cheesecake Factory and had a great dinner on Saturday night.  Lindsay has the group shots on her camera so all you get to see for now is my dulce de leche cheesecake and cafe mocha...Yum!

My contribution to dinner tonight was the appetizer.  This is the second time I have made mini caesar salads and they turned out pretty good.  The first time I made them was for the last Starting Point Game Night but I think I chopped the lettuce too small that time.  They are so easy to throw together at the last minute.

We went to Starbucks with my mom after dinner and saw a new game we had to have.  We love Cranium games!  This one involves creating a bracket of people, places, things, and actions and then playing a tournament with challenge questions until a winner is decided.  It includes a "sweet" decider finger for tie breaking purposes.  It also includes "a lovely, lovely ham...If ham is not in box, it may have been confiscated by the food police...Apparently, there is some law about sending hams along with outrageously fun board games."  My first thought after seeing the game was how much fun it would be to play the game with Katie and Sean!  "This game is for adults or people who are adult-like."

Before going to Starbucks we had to drop by Target to make a holiday return.  I bought my mom the light-up snowman pictured above as an early Christmas surprise but it didn't work.  We were able to exchange it for a new one that did work without much trouble.  Don't forget to save your receipts from your holiday shopping!

Mom bought Sadie an early Christmas surprise!  Sadie can now sport her soft pink hoodie when she goes on walks instead of going out in her pajamas.
 
In our quest to get our lazy beagle to get a job we are now turning our attention to the music industry.  All she needs is some 'bling' and she will be the cutest chart topping rapping beagle ever!

2 comments:

Katie said...

That is the cutest thing I have ever seen!

Also, I don't know that Sean and I are adult like-except that we appear to be adults on the outside :)

M & M said...

can we play too?