Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Good Timing!


Last year when the power at school went out I was one of the confused newbies.  This year I sound like a veteran assuring students and new teachers that "it happens all the time" as I go on with my lesson in the dark.  I know where my flashlights are and I'm capable of finding them in the dark in mere seconds.  We've had some flickers and instances of momentary power loss so far this year but today the power went out and was not coming back on anytime soon.  It is important to remember that my school has no windows which means no chance of natural light sneaking in.  Luckily, it happened right at dismissal time though some students did learn that I am perfectly capable of writing referrals in the dark.  I am very glad that the PA system is one of the few things that works off of a back up system.  The other good part is that those of us who stay at work long after we have to were forced to leave since we couldn't possibly get anything done.  When I left the proper district people had been notified of the problem.  The power will probably be back on tomorrow but I'm dressing comfortable just in case history repeats itself!

2 comments:

M & M said...

is this remnants of the hurricane still?

Charles and Stacy said...

haha!! I love the fact that you can still write referrals...I have this picture in my head of you with a flashlight writing crazily!