
One of the things that I have been excited about lately is that I am finally finding new clothes to replace my worn out attire from student teaching. Part of the problem is that it has taken me some time to learn what styles best fit my body. It has also taken time for those styles to be popular. My old clothes fit fine but they are so faded and are getting those little fuzz tufts all over them. I feel one step closer to being an adult professional now that I have black pants instead of grey pants that use to be black. I'm sticking with fairly simple pieces I can mix and match easily. A special shout out to my college roommate Amanda! I'm a little sad to be getting rid of the clothes we shopped for together at the various places you were employed. I guess we will be less likely to accidentally match when we see each other.

I try really hard not to be overly sensitive to grammatical errors outside of school. I know how much Mike loves having me correct his grammar so I try to spare the people who aren't required to love me forever.
Student: I don't need no book.
Me: Don't speak to me in a double negative! After all the time I have spent teaching you the English language you thank me by using it recklessly!
Student: O...I don't need a book.
Me: Fine...sit and wait until everyone else is done checking out books.
Student: Can I look at books?
Me: Argh!!!
School is going well overall. My students have been very well behaved although my sixth graders are a little babyish this year. I have spent a lot of time the past few weeks training other teachers in the district. I have learned that teachers can be much worse behaved than students.
Teacher: Do you know where room 101 is? I have to go to some stupid training!
Me: Hi! I'm your stupid trainer! Room 101 is just down the hall on the left.
Teacher: I don't know why we have to be here so late. I worked all day!
Me: At least you get to sit, turn pages, and daydream! I worked all day and I'm still working!



1 comment:
LOL! I know I finally replaced all those old shirts (where we bought one of each color) with a pile of new shirts (again, one of each color!). I haven't worn all the skirts we bought in forever, but I've finally busted them out again recently. At least replacing the wardrobe is less painful with the current styles. They're very forgiving! My problem is that I tend to prefer to replace my shoes rather than my actual clothes.
Post a Comment