Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, November 23, 2009

Thanksgiving Break Part 1: TYFLHCOLBHDDHTDOD

Today was Thanksgiving Break Part 1 and there wasn't any sleeping in. (Don't feel too bad for me...I got plenty of sleep over the weekend.) We had a few errands to run before the big event for the day. I designated today as Take Your Favorite Librarian Her Choice Of Lunch Because Her District Doesn't Have The Day Off Day otherwise known as TYFLHCOLBHDDHTDOD. Educators do love their acronyms...and meetings...but we'll discuss meetings another day.

The library is a magical place of happiness and joy where you and your friends can study a fine piece of literature.

Library displays are impeccably organized and have seasonal themes.

You might even happen upon a chinchilla while in the library.

Did I mention that my favorite librarian is thoughtful of her coworkers? Check out the available resources for those who might need a boost to get through a difficult day.

The library office is quite another story. Though tidy and well organized it is a place of chores such as difficult math computation that requires a calculator.

Look distraught all you want but those books won't put themselves into the system and onto the selves. I see long hours!

This is why TYFLHCOLBHDDHTDOD is such an important event. Look at those smiles!

3 comments:

Katie said...

Best post ever!

Seriously, though, it was one of the nicest things anyone has ever done for me. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Lindsay said...

Love this post! :) So fun!

PS - If I were going to be home this week, I'd let you know that you're free to designate any day as "Bring Your Favorite Stay At Home Mom Her Choice Of Starbucks Drink", otherwise known as BYFSAHMHCOSD Day. Lucky for you, I'll be out of town. But on Christmas Break...hmmm...;)

You're a sweet friend, Suzi! I need to do more random acts of kindness like this! :)

Chris and Bethany said...

Melvil Dewey would be so proud!