Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, June 1, 2009

Furniture Shopping & Assembly...

A few weekends ago we decided to go shopping for a dinning room table and chairs.  We saw a lot of furniture!  (I snapped a picture of the Rogers St sign from the moving vehicle in road trip style.)

This is the first set we saw that we were interested in.  I tend to be a quick shopper.  I either really like it or really don't.  Mike said we would keep it in mind and keep looking at what other stores had to offer.

This is the next table we were interested in.  You are suppose to select the top, legs, color, finish, chairs, and all that stuff.  I'm not much of a "designer" so picking various options for things slightly terrifies me.  I'll pick out bits I like but probably won't be happy with the finished product once it is put together.  I would rather see something all together and say "That's the one I want I'll take it".  It was very tempting though.

This table honestly isn't our style at all but it was pretty cool to look at.  It was one of those times when I had to think to myself "it looks great and I kind of want it buy could I really live with it".  Typically the answer is "no" and I move on after taking it in just long enough to start listing reasons I don't like it.

This was yet another interesting option.  I sat on a lovely chair nearby that I couldn't afford and thought about our options.  With all the new house stuff going on I have gotten into the habit of taking pictures of rooms in the house and possible items for those rooms because it helps me picture everything together a little better.

One of the furniture stores had friendly ponies outside to welcome us.  This one kept trying to taste my purse.  I wonder if the store trained him to take wallets from people.  I guess he has to earn his keep.

This pony was sort of lazy.  He better be careful or he could become an upholstery option.

Her is an example of what I was talking about a few pictures ago.  I took picture of the space where we wanted to put the table (and of course measured the space) so that I could remember  what it looks like.

We did have to wait for the table and chairs we ordered to come in because apparently it is a very popular set.  In the meantime we had a busy few weeks since it is the end of the school year.  We went to the high school's band banquet and had a great time with the other directors.

Isn't there a saying that says "things will get worse before they get better"?  I hadn't considered how many big boxes there would be.  We saved some money by picking it up from the warehouse and putting it together ourselves.  Mike put together the table and I put together the chairs.  It all went very smoothly with just a few slight challenges.

What do you think?  It was the first dining room set we saw.  Does anyone want to come give it a try?  We did sit in all the chairs and gave them the wiggle test.  As you can see they all passed the test!

4 comments:

Bonnie said...

love the table and your tile!!

Lindsay said...

LOVE it, Suzi!!! Y'all did a great job. Isn't it funny how we often go back to our first choice? Haha. Sorry I didn't get to talk to you and Ashley much last night...had to keep the little guy occupied! ;)

M & M said...

Love it! And we definitely would love to come give it a try if it means you guys are cooking!

M & M said...

oh, and can't wait to see more pics of the house...