Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, June 15, 2009

Packing, Moving, & Settling In...

We've been so busy the past week or so packing everything up and getting everything moved. We have spent the past few days getting settled in and unpacking. I decided to take a break and give a quick overview of what we have been up to.

We are both pretty good at packing and enjoyed rediscovering some of the items that have been hiding in our apartment for two years. It was like getting a bunch of new stuff without having to pay for it. What do you think of Sadie as a 20 pound purse dog?

It is very difficult to go through doorways with Sadie in tow. She stayed still for a few minutes but got restless very quickly. I would need a different purse for all my stuff since Sadie takes up an entire medium to large tote bag by herself. I probably won't be taking my purse dog out with me anytime soon.

We dropped by Greyhound to pick up a reinforcement for the move.

Mike's brother Steven came to visit and help with the move. He was glad to be leaving the awful weather that seemed to hang over north Texas most of last week.

Sadie is very fond of the windows in the living room. As if they aren't enough, she also enjoys sunning herself in the backyard.

Speaking of wild things in the backyard, we have a couple of frogs that we see almost every night when Sadie goes out right before bedtime. I really like frogs and I hope they stay. I am hoping to eventually have a bird feeder because there are some interesting birds in the area too.

Check out my new washer and dryer! I'm having a great time playing with them and I'm still shocked by how quiet they are. (Thank you to mom and grandpa who were major contributors!) What do you think of the green walls? This room was a copper color when we bought the house and we wanted it to be a fun color. It took a little getting use to but I really like it.

We slept in the house for a couple of nights now and really love having a house. Moving was really no big deal thanks to all our friendly helpers who had our stuff out of the apartment and into the house in record time. (Thanks guys!) Now we are unpacking as fast as we can because living out of boxes gets old really quick. Anyone need a whole bunch of boxes? They actually fold down pretty nicely.

8 comments:

Chris and Bethany said...

I love the green walls........and the Aggie t-shirt (of course).

Bonnie said...

LOVE the w&d!!! I'm jealous! And if you haven't given away your boxes, my sister needs them! She's moving in two weeks! I can pick them up from you next Tuesday if that's okay?

Bonnie said...

OH! I can't wait to see more pictures of the house!

Jodi Hendricks said...

I am soooo jealous of the washer and dryer.... you are a lucky girl!:) Keep up the good work and enjoy it! Thank goodness you have the summer!

Chris and Kim said...

LOVE the green laundry room!

laura said...

I love your new washer and dryer, and the green is SO fun! Congrats on the new house, neighbor! :)

E. Cooley said...

Suzi! It's Erin! I *love* your green laundry room... I think that when we get a place I will do something similar! You're so inspirational ;) Also the new appliances look pretty awesome. Y'all enjoy your new space!

Lindsay said...

Love the W & D, love the green, SO happy for y'all! Can't wait to see more pics! :) Congrats again!