Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Brought to you by the number 7...

Last Friday Mike dropped me off at the airport for my flight to Dallas to attend a wedding on Saturday.  It was so early in the morning that I didn't have time to eat breakfast before we left so I ate at the airport.  The Rosetta Stone and Best Buy vending machines were investigated by many curious travelers.

I boarded the airplane around 8:30 am knowing things could get interesting because there was bad weather throughout the state that day.  We left the gate and taxied out to the runway and ended up sitting there for a few hours.  We had plenty of other airplanes in the same situation to keep us company.

There were plenty of people complaining about the delay and how hot it was getting.  I figured getting upset wouldn't help anything so I enjoyed my apple juice and made some "I'm bored" phone calls.

We eventually left the ground and started on our journey to Dallas.  To avoid the weather we went over Corpus Christi and San Antonio.  We prepared for landing but it was easy to see we weren't in Dallas yet.

We stopped in Abilene because we needed fuel.  Things were really backed up in Dallas so we spent a few hours on the ground waiting to take off again.

We were the first airplane there but it wasn't long before we had plenty of other airplanes to keep us company.  We stayed on the airplane the entire time and it was getting hot.  I enjoyed another apple juice and listened to the snoring of my seat neighbor.

Time passed very slowly at the Abilene airport.  Even the workers were bored.

We eventually got back in the air for a very short hop to Dallas.  The weather wasn't great but I'm sure it was probably much better than earlier in the day.

We finally made it to Dallas but had wait quite a while for a gate to open up for us.  I got off of the airplane at 3:30 pm.  A flight that should have been about an hour ended up being seven hours!  I was patient for the first five hours but got a little antsy during the last two hours.

My dad picked me up from the airport and we grabbed a late lunch.  We were originally planning on meeting mom for lunch but it was pretty late.  Mom had one of my favorite treats waiting for me when I got to my parents house.  They were quite tasty.  Even though it was a frustrating day, I did have plenty of time to get ready and attend the wedding rehearsal.

After the beautiful wedding on Saturday I had to face the airport again on Sunday.  I really liked the chairs at DFW because they look interesting and are very comfortable!

The weather was beautiful on the way back to Houston and the flight was less than an hour long.  I was glad to be back home with Mike and Sadie!

4 comments:

Jaime said...

7 hours to Dallas? Unbelievable! Glad your flight home was uneventful.

Chris and Bethany said...

It's always nice to be greeted by peeps!

M & M said...

Yuk! (I mean the 7 hours--yum to the peeps) BTW, what was in the Best Buy vending machine?

Lindsay said...

Wow! That is unbelievable! The game was fun tonight! =)