One of our favorite places in Austin is the zoo because all of the animals are rescue animals. Birds love Mike but usually aren't fond of me.
There are peacocks, chickens, roosters, and cats wondering all over the zoo.
Some of the parents were letting their kids get really close to the roaming animals. I preferred to stay away from them.
We were just in time to see the monkeys get their breakfast. Monkeys can be very picky eaters!
This one loved avocados.
The zoo had a variety of birds. Most were in good shape but a few had obviously been mistreated by their previous owners.
I thought this wolf was beautiful!
The large tortoises were actually pretty active.
The tigers were quite large.
The lions were being pretty lazy.
I was surprised how close we could get to such dangerous animals.



1 comment:
Those are amazingly close! Shiver...
Where do they rescue the tigers and lions from?
Post a Comment