We visited the local botanical gardens while in Austin. I was glad it was free because there weren't very many blooming plants.
There were some lovely waterfalls.
We did get to see a few flowers.
I'm very excited about bluebonnet season!
I always think of my grandpa when I see lots of beautiful plants. Good thing he hasn't seen the plants in our backyard.
We didn't have a lot of plans when we went to Austin. We did some shopping and checked out things that looked interesting.
We couldn't stop for ice cream at Bluebell when we drove to Austin because they aren't open on weekends.
We were able to stop on the way home since we were traveling during the week. Mike had chocolate chip cookie dough and I had cherry cheesecake.
We dropped by Camp Curry to pick up Gypsy on our way home. (The strap across her face is to help her learn how to be a better walker.) She was very happy to see us but I know she had a great time with her friend Sinatra.
We finally celebrated Mike's birthday a month late. I made his favorite cupcakes and he got to pick out a new golf club. We really enjoyed our trip!



2 comments:
Were those cupcakes funfetti?
The next time Gypsy stays at Camp Curry I will try to take photographic evidence for a blog post, 'cause we always have fun times at Camp Curry!
Suz! I love all the Austin pics/stories. Y'all's place looked amazing!! :)
Post a Comment