Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Sunday, October 11, 2009

Writing Test...


Last week my students participated in our school's all day writing test. Obviously, an English writing test is quite a difficult test for some of my students. Most of my students did well and I had a fairly successful testing session with a class of eighth graders whose teacher was out sick. Testing all day and then a long teacher training totally wore me out. My students definitely made me feel better when I saw them the next day.

Student 1: I think I did well on my test! I remembered what you taught us about words that end in f changing to ves when you make them plural. I knew it was suppose to be leaves.
Student 2: I remembered that when something owns something it needs that little mark and the letter s.
Me: You mean 's?
Student 2: Yes! I'm glad you taught us that!
Student 3: O...I guess I got all those questions wrong.
Me: That's why you should listen to what I say.
Student 3: I know. You are really smart! Do you know everything?
Me: Not quite...but almost.

2 comments: