Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, July 6, 2009

Movie Date!!!

We crossed one more thing off our list of things to do this summer. Going to the movies is actually a pretty big deal for us. We usually don't have the time or don't want to spend the money. I've seen a movie or two this year with various friends but Mike hadn't been in a movie theater in possibly a few years.

I think there are definitely days we would all love to float away via a huge bundle of balloons! I liked the movie Up a lot but it made me a little sad. I know the formula for creating a character people will care about usually involves some sort of sad event but this time it seemed to play a larger role in the movie and made me sad each time it was brought up.

I can't watch a Disney movie without wondering which of the random characters my sister will totally love. When she saw Pocahontas she loved the raccoon and when she saw Mulan she loved the cricket. When we finally watched Wall-e a few weeks ago I knew she would love the cockroach and I was correct. In Up she will either like the bird or the dog. The bird is random and colorful but the dog is endearing and fluffy. Tough choice!

I loved the movie Wall-e! I really wasn't expecting it to have much of a story line but I was so wrong. It is such a cute movie! There were a number of creative touches and subtle statements about society. Now that our yearly trip to the movies is over I guess it is back to the small screen.

3 comments:

E. Cooley said...

Hmmm that *is* a tough choice! I would say the dog, simply because he talks... although Kevin *is* delightful. Glad you enjoyed the movie! We felt the same way when we saw it.

Katie said...

I hid underneath your porch because I love you.

Sean and I loved both Up and Wall-E and they both made us cry like babies! (manly babies in Sean's case :)

M & M said...

I want more movie reviews like yours!