
Even with TAKS testing next week and all sorts of ESL paperwork due soon I am very excited about summer coming! I know my summer doesn't start until June 3rd but I am still counting down the days. It can be difficult to be positive with so many negative people around you. Apparently some teachers think I am "too happy" but I guess I would rather be known as happy than something else. Sometimes I do have to take a few minutes to refresh my brain when I am having a tough day. If that doesn't work, having a cup of coffee usually soothes me. We do have a few things planned for summer already! The less exciting things are dentist appointments for both of us, curriculum planning, cleaning, and band hall projects. We are going to take a little road trip in late June and early July. I have always wanted to see Niagara Falls so Mike decided that would be a great road trip. Since he is very into art and music he decided to find out what kind of events might be in the area. I was very excited when he said we were going to see Wicked! I've had the music on my IPod for more than a year. I tried to see it in Dallas and Houston and things just didn't work out.

I really like the contrasting colors in the artwork for the show. It reminds me of how different my twin sister and I are. We are different in physical build, politics, religion, food, hobbies, strengths, weaknesses, personality, and just about anything you can think of. As far as comparing the two of us to the Wizard of Oz I think we both have our Wicked Witch of the West kind of moments. My third period could probably give you some examples! I have always thought we fit more into the roles of Katherine and Bianca from Shakespeare's The Taming of the Shrew. Unfortunately, I am the stubborn shrew.
3 comments:
Wicked is the best-you will not be disappointed! I got to see it in Houston and it was A-MAZ-ING! Have fun :)
sounds like a wonderful summer--not to mention just the break from school! :)
Love road trips too! And Niagra is something to see!!! Hope that y'all get to do some other fun things this summer....not too much longer!
Kim
Post a Comment