Elizabeth still has tons of major milestones to look forward to, but this post isn't really about her. It is but it isn't. I'll explain...
It has been on my heart to share how far I have come in a year. I spent the entire Easter service last year sobbing. I mean full on ugly cry sobbing. I seesawed between crying on Mike's shoulder and crying on Amanda Jones' shoulder. (She might of sat elsewhere if she had know that was coming...just kidding...I know she loves me!) That was probably my absolute lowest point in emotionally recovering from losing our first pregnancy. I was heartbroken! It didn't help that my hormones were still raging out of control. It is hard to embrace the freshness and rejuvenation of spring when you are still experiencing serious hurt from the past. It is very difficult for me to think about how raw that day was. Thankfully, I started feeling better and much more like myself (little by little) each day after that.
This year is much different! Let me clarify that because I don't want there to be confusion. Getting pregnant and having Elizabeth did not bring about emotional healing. We had Elizabeth because we were emotionally healed. Yes, there will always be an emptiness that nothing can fill but we waited until we were ready. Honestly, we all have an emptiness that can not be filled by anyone but Jesus. Our imperfect world is promised to have sadness and disappointment on a regular basis. Many people reach out for worldly things to fill that void but are never successful. Last year I was hurt and angry but this year I'm blessed to feel excited and joyful! Grateful that God sent Jesus to die on the cross in order for us to receive far more than we deserve! Happy Easter!!!





6 comments:
This is beautiful! Love you!
Love you Suz. This post is so special.
What an amazing story and faith. Thanks for sharing! Made my Easter complete!
What a blessing!!! Thanks for sharing your heart =)
Loved this testimony! And be sure to include this in E's baby book so she sees God's testimony in your life too!
You are so strong! So happy Elizabeth is here this Easter. It's amazing how far God can bring you in just one year.
Post a Comment