Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Friday, April 16, 2010

Spring Time!!!

Just when I was wondering if it would ever happen...spring sprung almost overnight! The dearly loved bluebonnets made their grand appearance right before Easter weekend.

We decided to give the flowerbed in our backyard some much needed love. Neither of us would claim to be gardeners so this is somewhat of an experiment. I realized I haven't taken a picture of them since the were planted so I will have to share that another time.

Sadie enjoyed watching Mike plant our new azalea bushes. I think Mike fertilized the grass the same weekend and I'm glad it looks much greener now. Our efforts to beautify the outside of our home were somewhat motivated by the fact we were going to have family in town over Easter weekend for a wedding.

I've had my eye on these round skewers for quite a while. I couldn't wait to get a grill so that I would have a reason to buy them. We decided that having Christine and Alex (my twin sister and her husband) in town sounded like a good reason to give them a try. We used a really simple marinade recipe and they tasted pretty good. They were so good that all you get is the raw food picture because we ate them before taking an after cooking picture.

We were excited to attend Erin and Nate's wedding! It was outdoors and the weather was gorgeous!

They were just too cute! Erin has degrees in Spanish and Portuguese and I think my favorite part of the wedding was when Nate surprised her by reading his vows in Spanish even though he doesn't speak Spanish.

Erin was so beautiful and absolutely glowing the entire night!

Christine was quite busy with all her bridesmaid duties but I managed to snag her for a quick picture. Since then, we've been sooo busy at work with UIL, TELPAS, TAKS, and much more not to mention church softball.

3 comments:

M & M said...

I do love those skewers too! Kabobs do sound yummy! And let's see the after pictures of the azaleas!

Unknown said...

Those skewers are so cool! I never think to make kabobs, but I might, just so I have an excuse to pick those up. I love all the flowers pictures!

Lindsey and Lee said...

i wish mike and lee didn't play softball on different nights! it would be so fun to hang out during the games!