Hello people of blogland! Suzi decided that since I have read so many of her friends’ blogs, yet refuse to devote time to one of my own, it was time for me to do a blog for her blog. So, this will be the first of what will potentially be an occasional guest blog.
.jpg)
One of the main reasons Suzi wanted me to blog was because I was recently in Houston. For those of you who don’t know a lot about me, I am currently living with my husband, Alex, and our dog in Pittsburgh, PA. I am in graduate school at the University of Pittsburgh, and my husband is a forensic accountant with an accounting firm primarily based on the East Coast. We both work a lot, which sadly means we do not get to visit our dearly loved family and friends in TX. When I found out my dear friend and college roommate, Erin, was going to have a bridal shower at the end of my Spring Break and Suzi would not mind a visitor to Houston for a couple of days before the shower, I booked a ticket to Houston for the last part of my Spring Break. Suzi’s Spring Break was not until the next week, though, so I got to go to school with her for a couple of days. I was not sure what to expect about the experience. I learn a lot about middle school students in my classes, but I have not spent a lot of time around them recently. I have to say that I was quite impressed with the students and teachers at Suzi’s school. I knew my sister was an awesome teacher, but I was blown away with how well she ran her classroom and how much her students obviously respected her and enjoyed her class. It was no surprise when we found out she was one of the three teachers at her school nominated for teacher of the year! While she did not win in the end, I can honestly say that I am so proud of my sister and feel incredibly honored that she was willing to let me be a part of her teaching world for a couple of days.

After two delightful days back in middle school, and a delicious Mexican dinner on Friday night, Mike took Suzi and me to the airport Saturday to fly to Erin’s shower in Lubbock. Unlike Mike and Suzi, our much loved Baylor Bears, my husband and I are proud products of Raiderland. While Lubbock may not be the ideal place for everyone, we had some of the best times of our lives at Texas Tech and made some of the most amazing friends, including Miss Erin herself. The shower was a blast! The happy couple (i.e. Erin and Nathan) got a lot of fun gifts. Erin’s sisters did a great job of organizing the shower considering they had never organized one before. I cannot wait to be a bridesmaid at their wedding in a few weeks! Suzi and I also got to hang out with Erin’s sisters and mom and had a blast eating pizza from One Guy from Italy and playing Taboo.
After way too short a visit, Suzi put me back on a plane to Pittsburgh once we got back from Lubbock. While it was really sad to say good-bye so soon, I am so excited I will be back in Houston with Alex in a few weeks. Hope everyone enjoyed my first guest blog, and perhaps there will be another in the near future.
PS- Suzi mentioned a few people from Sunday School were hoping to meet me at some point. While I did not get to meet anyone from the class during my visit, I did get to relay messages from Suzi via text on Friday. Any guesses who got to kinda text with me?



2 comments:
Welcome Christine!
And way to go, Suzi (about being nominated, I mean!) I am not surprised either...
Fun to hear from you Christine!! We love Suzi and are so proud of her, too! Hope to meet you sometime this summer.
Lindsay
Post a Comment