I have been working late so much recently that I haven't had much time for blogging. Late meetings and trainings are tiring but leading those late meetings and trainings is totally exhausting. The people who attend the most recent trainings were very pleasant and did not complain nearly as much as the people in the fall. My approach to the trainings was a little different this time so maybe that helped. There isn't much to share since we have been so busy.
I brought home a balloon for Sadie from a baby shower. She was not a fan of the balloon. I think she might have even been a little afraid of it. Have I mentioned that Sadie's name hasn't always been Sadie? The vet called Mike last week because they were updating her microchip information and they were confused because Sadie's microchip information lists her name as Tisha. I guess the previous owner or the rescue group changed it. I really don't think she looks like a Tisha!
Even though Valentine's Day is Sunday it definitely felt like Valentine's Day at school today. Many of the students brought gifts and treats. A vast number of those items were confiscated when they inevitably became distractions. The students were quite rambunctious when all that sugar kicked in sometime in the morning. The teachers of course were not far behind the students when it comes to sugar levels because we had our own cupcakes, cookies, and other sweet treats. If you can't beat them, join them! The sugar crash late in the day wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be.
I was pleasantly surprised with two gifts delivered to my school this year! I never understand people who say flowers are a waste of money. I am always willing to accept beautiful flowers! I usually send Mike cookies but didn't this year because we are attempting to lose weight. I couldn't come up with anything to send him so I opted not to send him anything this year. It is always weird sending him Valentine's gifts anyway because he is usually out of town which means I have to send the gift really early. I had mentioned sending him a fruit bouquet but he insisted he wouldn't eat most of it and didn't have a place to keep it. I was really excited when a student from the front office delivered my fruit arrangement. I was even more surprised when I received flowers later in the day. I waited to open both items until I got home so I didn't make a mess.
Since Mike is at a music conference it has just been Sadie and I most of the week. Tonight we are chilling on the sofa, watching the Olympics, and catching up on blogging. I've actually done pretty well this year. I never look forward to being home alone even for a short while. In years past I haven't slept well and have spent the entire time being very upset. While I still don't enjoy all this alone time I have tolerated it with a better attitude. I've been so tired from work that not sleeping really hasn't been possible. I did have some frustrating moments yesterday.
At the risk of sounding like a total loser, I'll explain my series of unfortunate events. When I arrived home pretty late after leading a three hour training after school I noticed I had left the freezer door slightly ajar. It had an extra long work day to thaw out. We didn't have many items in our freezer and most of it was salvageable. I have been eating frozen dinners since cooking for one when it is almost bedtime just isn't appetizing. After heating up my frozen dinner for the night I badly steam burned my finger peeling off the plastic. I never realized how serious a steam burn could be! It has been an entire day and it is still red and stings a little. Since my freezer was still recovering I didn't have anything cold to put on my burning finger. To top it off, I got water all over the counter, floor, and myself while simply trying to refill the Sadie's water dish because I was too busy pitying myself to pay attention. I guess I shouldn't be left alone too long!

As I mentioned previously we are trying to lose weight. That was going well until our scale broke. We had a decent old scale but decided to buy a new scale to symbolize our commitment to this endeavor. Things went wrong after using it for a few weeks. When I weighted myself I had gained more than thirty pounds literally over night! We definitely knew something was wrong when the scale read forty or fifty pounds even when we weren't touching it. By the next day it was adding more than a hundred pounds to our actual weights. I guess we learned our lesson. Don't waste money on a new scale when the old one works perfectly fine. It is now consistently serving us well. On that note, we have a prank scale if anyone wants one!



1 comment:
sorry you had a rough day, but way to go on the weight loss!!! (or weight gain, depending on the scale : ) )
Post a Comment